Making a complaint

Complaints must be made in writing, preferably using the Commissioner's complaint form.

You must make your complaint in writing.  You can use the online complaint form or print a hard-copy complaint form.

Before making a complaint, it is recommended that you:

  • read the information on this website about complaints
  • contact the Commissioner's office to discuss your complaint, and
  • if you require assistance with making a complaint, please refer to the assistance services available.

The Commissioner’s office can discuss your concerns and inform you about the complaints process, however it cannot offer legal advice.

This complaint service is free of charge, and is independent from Government, the Law Society and the legal profession.